Agile Coach Camp United States (ACCUS) is being held in St. Louis, MO October 14 – 16, 2016. The 2016 Agile Coach Camp gathering is being organized through St. Louis Agile Open Space – a St. Louis based non-profit organization that produces community learning events.
Looking to REGISTER to attend Agile Coach Camp in STL – click here to access our ticketing site.
This web page is intended to provide all necessary information for you to join other members of the agile community interested in sharing and learning at this annual multi-day open space event.
What’s Going On?
Agile Coach Camp is a multi-day open space conference that focuses on topics related to agile, lean, kanban, and/or Scrum software development. This annual event is open to people of all experience levels and roles within software development, information technology and/or management and leadership. Prior agile coach camp events have been attended by agile team members, agile coaches and consultants, as well as executives and executive coaches responsible for large-scale software delivery activities and agile transformations. During the event, participants self organize discussing questions and/or presenting methods and workshops that are offered and prioritized by those attending. For each session held, proceedings are captured to summarize what was discussed and/or shared amongst the group.
What Might Agile Coach Camp Look Like?
2016 Agile Coach Camp is being organized by St. Louis Agile Open Space as an Open Space conference in a downtown St. Louis venue that has been used successfully for prior open space conferences. A “test” event for Agile Coach Camp held in April 2016 attended by 80+ midwest agile practitioners – search Twitter for #stlagileopen or click here to see the Tweet stream from a prior agile open space event held in April 2016. St. Louis is ready to welcome those interested in learning more about agile, lean, scrum, kanban, collaboration, innovation & ideation for an engaging event in October 2016 from near & far.
When Is It?
Agile Coach Camp 2016 will be a 3-day event held October 14/15/16, 2016.
- Day 1 (Friday, October 14, 2016) is referred to as “Games Day” as our focus will be techniques for ideation and collaborative games / exercises for teams and groups.
- Days 2-3 (Saturday, October 15, 2016 & Sunday, October 16, 2016) will be “Agile Coach Camp” and will focus on agile values, principles and practices, including but not limited to: agile teams, agile roles, metrics, leadership, DevOps, various agile methodologies (scrum, etc), scaling agile, business challenges, technical practices, agile transformation, etc.
Where Is It?
Agile Coach Camp 2016 will be held in Downtown St. Louis, MO, USA. We will be meeting at The Innovation Conference Center at T-REX (911 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO – 5th Floor). The Innovation Conference Center a T-REX is an open collaboration space and fully ADA compliant venue located within a startup incubator. The conference center includes a large open gathering area for holding opening & closing circles, the marketplace, and multiple breakouts throughout coach camp – chairs and tables throughout the facility are on wheels so they are easy to shift around as needed. The venue also offers several dedicated breakout rooms for small discussions & activities with whiteboard walls, as well as a “training room” which has A/V support for workshops / training classes. These spaces all surround a social / cafe area with tables / chairs for dining and gathering, as well as a fireplace, flat screen TVs, Ping-Pong table & game area and a bar. Nearly all spaces within the venue that will be used for Agile Coach Camp have natural light. For those attending from outside St. Louis, multiple downtown hotels are located within 1-3 blocks (see below) and the venue is located in the heart of St. Louis’s Washington Ave Arts & Entertainment district which offers many dining and entertainment options for self-organized coach camp social activities (Saturday evening). A Metro Stop (which offers frequent direct Light Rail service to/from St. Louis’ Lambert Airport – STL) is located within 3 blocks of the venue.
What’s The Schedule?
To provide the most flexibility to those attending Agile Coach Camp, the schedule has been broken out as follows.
- Friday, October 14, 2016 – “Games Day” – our focus will be on collaborative games for learning and methods for ideation and innovation when working with groups. Sessions & activities will be organized through a 1-day open space focusing on games & ideation. We will begin at 9 AM and conclude around 4:30 PM. A continental breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided to Games Day attendees.
- Friday Evening, October 14, 2016 – An “Agile Coach Camp Welcome Social” will be held. Similar to prior coach camps, the social will include food, beverages, an opportunity to mingle with other coach camp attendees, and perhaps even some Lightning talks. The social will be held in downtown St. Louis within walking distance of the venue and hotels listed below. Final details for the welcome social will be communicated to event attendees.
- Saturday, October 15, 2016 – Agile Coach Camp Day 1 – a full-day open space on agile software development will be held. We will begin at 9 AM and seek to conclude around 5 PM. A continental breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided to Agile Coach Camp attendees.
- Saturday Evening, October 15, 2016 – Self-Organized Group Socials – in keeping with the pattern from prior agile coach camps, groups will self organize for evening activities, which could include the following: dining & social groups at various nearby restaurants, bowling, fun at a piano bar, socializing around / watching a professional hockey game, taking your chance riding a mechanical bull, perhaps some late-evening board game sessions held in hotel lobbies, and/or a rather unique opportunity to explore a multi-level art-nouveau indoor cave which includes a 10-story twisted slide that you can slide down, if you dare.
- Sunday, October 16, 2016 – Agile Coach Camp Day 2 – we will conclude agile coach camp with a final day of open space as well as a closing circle and retrospective to capture learnings and improvements for future agile coach camp events. We will begin at 9 AM and seek to conclude around 2 PM (or slightly earlier to allow for people to catch flights, etc). A continental breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided to Agile Coach Camp attendees.
How Do I Register?
To provide the most flexibility to those interested in attending Agile Coach Camp, two ticketing options are provided – tickets are sold through Brown Paper Tickets and are non-refundable after purchase. Click here to access our ticketing site at Brown Paper Tickets (opens in a separate window/tab).
- Games Day & Agile Coach Camp Combo Ticket (3-day ticket) – $145.89 – this ticket provides admission to attend “Games Day” on Friday, October 14, 2016 as well as Agile Coach Camp on Saturday, October 15, 2016 and Sunday, October 16, 2016. Attendees will be invited to attend the Agile Coach Camp Welcome Social on Friday evening, October 14, 2016.
- Agile Coach Camp Ticket (2-day ticket) – $104.49 – this ticket provides admission for Agile Coach Camp activities held on Saturday, October 15, 2016 and Sunday, October 16, 2016. Attendees will be invited to attend the Agile Coach Camp Welcome Social on Friday evening, October 14, 2016.
Where Should I Stay?
For those not from St. Louis, the address of the venue is 911 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO – there are many hotels and lodging options within walking distance to/from the venue in Downtown St. Louis. Lodging for Agile Coach Camp is coordinated independently by those who need a place to say; however, we did want to provide some recommendations and convenient options for those not familiar with St. Louis. The following recommended hotels are within walking distance of the conference venue – use the links provided to book your hotel reservations independently via each hotel’s website.
- Embassy Suites St. Louis Downtown (Hilton Option) – The Embassy Suites is a new all-suite hotel built in a historic building that includes the standard Embassy Suites amenities (all rooms are 2-room suites, cooked to order breakfast and evening happy hour) located 3 blocks from the venue. The Embassy Suites is adjacent to the Metro stop with direct Light Rail service to the airport. Click here to access the hotel website and book a room.
- St. Louis Marriott Grand (Marriott Option) – The Marriott St. Louis Grand is a newly renovated Marriott hotel located 1 block from the venue. The St. Louis Marriott Grand is 2 blocks from the Metro stop with direct Light Rail service to the airport.
- Reserving Rooms at the Marriott – The Marriott has rooms available for the weekend of Agile Coach Camp but they are unable to provide a room block – click here to access the hotel website and book a room.
What Can You Do To Help?
Those who have attended prior agile coach camps reflect that the most unique aspect of agile coach camp is the significant amount of sharing that occurs. This sharing is driven by having a great group of attendees that are interested and able to share but are also interested and able to learn and collaborate with others. So several things you can do to help the event be successful:
- Think about attending yourself and sharing what you know about agile software development.
- If you’ll be attending, encourages others you know to attend so they can share and learn as well.
- Even if you cannot join us, help us promote the event so many attend and can share and learn – materials and proceedings from coach camp will be posted to social media during and after the event, so you can even benefit from the event if you are not able to attend by encouraging others to attend and share.
Questions or Comments:
Please send questions or comments to @stlagileopen on Twitter or email@example.com Follow @STLAgileOpen on Twitter for tweets about the latest event updates – questions & comments can be directed to Twitter so we can keep our communication transparent.